Old 01-11-2006, 10:56 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: WOW! Another Sig Somethin Extra Build

ORIGINAL: bubbagates

I'm sure others will come in a say that it will work

I've used both braided cable and straight music wire for throttle cable. While the music wire gives you better control, it won't go around a corner like the braided cable. If I remember correctly this kit comes with the braided cable, so if I were you I would leave it like it is.

Now on to the ugly part. From the pictures is sure does look like there is a pretty good twist in the fuselage. From where the fuse is right now there's not really much that you can to do straighten it out (at least that I know of). The plane is going to fly, you may just have some weird trim settings to get it flying straight. I know this is going to sound a bit cold, and that's not what I intend with the comment, but it might be chocked up as a learning experience. Maybe some of the more experienced builders will have a fix for the fuse, but I'm coming up a bit short on advice here. I've been lucky so far and haven't had a fuse that was twisted very badly. If you're interested you can buy a fuselage kit from Sig for $46.50, [link]http://www.sigmfg.com/cgi-bin/dpsmart.exe/ProductsV4.html?L+Sig+gyub6941+_Ddp_5fSearch1_02F_ 2dAccessRepRC76_01Search_02Index_01[/link] .

Sorry I can't be more help

Ken