RCU Forums - View Single Post - "OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2006, 10:12 AM
raceman17

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

I have the redcat tornado 1/10 truck. After the initial break in of 3 to 4 tanks of gas, It broke. I ran the truck into my foot and it snapped the front spindel. Well I had an traxxas maximum mt pro truck that the motor and tranny was shot but, it had ALL the upgraded alumium pieces for the suspension. I found out that you can use the front hubs, and spindles and carrier from the traxxas with alittle modification with a grinder. They bolt right up after you do a clearance grinding. One problem I found was when I use the dogbones for the front 4 wheel drive from the volcano, they would work but, I could tell they were binding just alittle at the up most travel. I need to find a slighly shorter dogbone. If not I will cut a tig weld it back together.
So after the front modification, I took her out for another spin. Well, I hip a SMALL hole 2 minutes after I got it running and it poped the back spindel/hub carrier. So I went back to the shop and started looking at the traxxax. One again, I took the hubs, spindels, and driveshaft/dogbone from the traxxas and they bolted right up. I had to trim an ear off of the spindle that wasnt needed to gain clearance. I also had to use 1 small washer as a shim between all the lower a frames and the spindel mount.
So now that I had that fixed, I went back out. I ran the dog out of it flipping it over and jumping and all sorts of stuff. Well the next thing that broke was the steering arms that are connected to the frame of the truck. Once again a swapped all this stuff over from the traxxas. I still have to get some shorter tie rods though. And I also busted the steering servo. I also bent one of the dogbones and pulled the starter cord off of the motor. So as you can tell I ran the car hard. What fun is it to have a truck that you cant run hard with.But other than that, that was my day yesterday.
I think these trucks would be 10 times better if redcat offered an aluminum upgrade that would bolt right up. The plastic pieces (spindles and carriers) are JUNK. If you replace them with the alumium stuff, it will be 1000000 times better.
Later