RCU Forums - View Single Post - OMP Katana V2 46 tail weight??
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2006, 12:56 PM
raideron
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OMP Katana V2 46 tail weight??

Hi all,

Just got back from maidening my V2... Man she flys nice... one click of Rt. ail. and
up elev. and she flew hands off, inverted also:-)) Only flew a half a tanks worth on
the first flt.... But she does a nice inverted flat spin... nice harrier, And almost hands
off K.E & slow H.A.K.E... Lands like silk)).... Hovers like she's on a wire!! Even with
a first for me non-streeing tail wheel... My C.F. add on to the tail wheel wire works
great!!
I checked all and all looked great, so topped off the tank for another flt... All started
great for the first min. Then the YS dies, and I see something white falling((( She
comes in smooth as silk again on the dead stick and I see.... No fuel tank??? I head
out and find the tank and after checking the plane I see that the front tank strap
snapped just before the locking mechanism... No stress on it?? It was on the bottom
outside of the tank where as the strap came stright into it... I guess the worse part
was since the tank was full when it came off and fell, it cracked the tank( So no
more flying... Bummer!!!... So what's the chances of getting the tank replaced???

Man She flys NICE!!!!