RCU Forums - View Single Post - Reflex XTR and Corona
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2006, 01:10 PM
kenhiraihnl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Reflex XTR and Corona

hey ufoman...
the corona is flown in airplane mode, so you won't be hassling with throttle and pitch curves...you'll see when you build and fly your corona. good to see a positive recommendation on the 9c--mine should be arriving any day now.

with the optic 6, the first thing you'll be doing before each flight is select or verify the model and frequency...on my optic 6 display, my corona is model one, and it shows as 'coro - 30', i.e., corona channel 30. any trim changes, expo changes, etc. will be saved to that model memory...so next time you you select model one, for instance, all the changes you made will have been saved.

i balance the blades with a digital scale and tape...i track the blades by seeing which blade (i use a black blade and a white blade) is flying higher...if there's even a 1/16" difference, i turn the ball link on one of the mixing arm/swashplate pushrods a turn or two...usually that brings both blades together...the pushrod has a nominal length of 62mm, so don't go overboard lengthening or shortening it...btw, if the blades are not tracking (flying in the same plane), you'll know because of the vibration...and don't forget to use some form of eye protection when you're working with the blades...the 5mm ti shaft is great, but if you have a 'super crash', it'll bend...i'd think about getting the 7mm...