RCU Forums - View Single Post - NEW PST F9F PANTHER
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2006, 07:43 PM
DocYates
My Feedback: (102)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: NEW PST F9F PANTHER

I don't have the final weight, the engine is still in another plane. Feels about as heavy as my Ziroli Panther which flies at abhout 21 pounds. The flaps are a no brainer, everything is already hinged, with Robart hinge points on the ailerons, elevators and rudder and the flaps with large Dubro type flat hinges, you just set them up the way you want and glue them in. The pcokets are cut and the mounts are provided.
The gear doors are another item. The inner mains are hinged with piano hinges and actuated by a HD servo. You could use air pistons here and that would be the first choise, but I was having a hard time finding the correct placement for the pistons so an HD servo gave me plenty of throw. Two small 1 inch BVM air cyclinder actutate the front doors, which are again hinged with piano hinges. The outer mains are hinged and attach to the strut with a small elastic band. The gear doors are provided separately if you want to use them, or you can use them as a cut out and have open wheel wells.
I will get some pics some.
Tommy