RCU Forums - View Single Post - F27 STRYKER, WAY PAST THE LIMITS! PART 4...
Old 01-15-2006, 08:15 AM
chippedprop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: F27 STRYKER, WAY PAST THE LIMITS! PART 4...

B boy
Check the data on the 400 at mfg. site. It must produce a min of 19 oz of thrust as this is the very low end weight of a stock/non stock plane. Higher thrust is better!!! It is easier to fly at take off and low speeds. Plus it gives you more fun power to do all the crazy things you read in this thread.
I would guess the prop on a 400 would be a 5.5x 4.5 or a 5x4. Larger diam. prop and great pitch ( the twist look of a prop) make motor work harder-pulling more amps on battery & ESC. You need the data on the motor to decide on everything else-type of batts. amps for esc -prop.- even the size of wire you use will make a diff. on each elec. parts operation.
The less weight the better. Most of of the guys in here use Hitec 81's with metal gears. You can crash these guys mulitple times and they still work. Guess how I know this. ESC and Rx are up to you. Everyone has their favorites. Same on Transmitters. I use tower hobbies Electricfly stuff as it is very simple and cheap for what you get and what it will do. I have never had a failure unless I smack the ground ( another story)
Get some numbers and report to the flight line. Were here to help on a good day anyway!!!