RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hitec 1/4 scale servos
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2006, 10:41 PM
mnf1sand

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hitec 1/4 scale servos

ORIGINAL: chowderhead72

When I bought my MT-5 I listened to all of the know-it-all noobs and thumbed my nose at the 805 and adopted the 5745; Huge MISTAKE!
I believe that no ammount of customer service will ever make up for a garbage product. The 5745 IMO falls squarely in that catagory. I have cooked 5 count 'em 5745s with two weeks of downtime minimum from sending back to hitec and recieving them. I switched to the 805 in both vehicles and no problem since. Say all you want but; digital steering and large scale off-road just don't go together. On-road and parking lot bashing may be ok but the dirt is tough on radio gear. My first choice would be the Tonewega/oddified second the 805 and third the Tower quarter scale. If I lived in England I would run tonewega/oddie's in everything but until that happens the 805 it is.

Your calling one the most popular servos used across the world in the largest races "garbage". I have tried everything out there and for a true driver that needs fast strong steering the 5745 is the only way to go. Sure they will fail from time to time but normally once you get the first run done and it lived they will go a long time. I would guess 10% fail and 8% of those are due to setup errors. I have well over a hundred off these out there between team driver cars, R&D cars and my personal collection it is the only way to go. The 805 is way too inconsistent, the newer small case hitec titaniums have good specs but fail fast. The Tonewga is not practical for most people. And the rhino which is from MPX/hitec is almost the same and still fails at the same rate. I wish there was a better option but there isn't right know.