RCU Forums - View Single Post - Airworld Hawk Building thread
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2006, 05:45 PM
David Gladwin

Received 145 Likes on 93 Posts
Default RE: Airworld Hawk Building thread

Thanks Geoff, seems logical but its far too small on mine to use as a vent hole, I't enlarge it and use as such.

More wing work yesterday. The flap hinge fairings are done and it was boring and tedious because the vac formed fairings are very flexible and its difficult to trim the flange accurately. In addition the flange of the fairings is flat and the wing surface is cambered. On my next Hawk I wll fit a balsa base in each fairing BEFORE they are cut from the sheet. This will stiffen them and all the flange will be removed and the sides of the fairings trimmed to get a perfect fit on the wing. New flanges will then be cut from thin glass board , glued to the wing and the fairings glued on top of the flanges. That is what I am now doing on the aileron jack fairing.

The kit wing fences need drastic trimming, 42 mm is removed from the top section and 51mm from the bottom. The fences then fit perfectly acccording to the BAe wing GA drawing and confirmed by photos. The photos(sorry uploaded twice) show the correct position, darker line.

The aileron servo needs to be moved inboard to allow correct line up with aileron horns in the correct scale position with the jack fairing correctly placed. A Dremel router bit did the job in seconds.

Getting there !

Regards,

David Gladwin
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32335.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	389722   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xt60290.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	389723   Click image for larger version