RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite 1/7 P-51 Build
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2006, 03:47 PM
asphalt252
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Top Flite 1/7 P-51 Build

PaStang please read this past quote of mine regarding your stock aileron servo set-up. go back to page 14 for pics.
ORIGINAL: asphalt257

You are doing a fine job on your P-51 however I going to tell you something I’m sure you already know about. That single servo set up on the ailerons just spells disaster! Do your self a favor and change it out. It’s simply not a matter of if it will fail it’s a matter of when it will fail. I personally never use 2-56 ball links or solder on brass threads on flying surfaces there is way to much load for them. Put the servo out in the wing under a hatch like the flap servo they will fit just fine the wing is thick enough. As far as brass solder on threads go well they work fine on cables for pull pull stuff but not for dual ailerons. Also brass gets weak when heated too much and they can break. Not a good idea when most beginners don’t know how much heat to apply to them before they are unknowingly useless. So my best advice for this application and all other flying control links is as follows. Screw a plastic cleaves (not metal) onto a 2-56 (4-40 if larger that .60 size) threaded (on one end) rod for the control horn and then put a simple Z bend on the servo end. There are many types of Z bend pliers on the market any work just fine for this. Remember keep all your links as short as possible, strong with the least amount of parts.