RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sig Four-Star 60
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2006, 07:37 PM
SigFan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sig Four-Star 60

This is my "beater" plane, I had a bad crash and broke it in half. Servo tray was out, the stock pushrods were all twisted. I almost threw it away and started no3. (I've since stolen the servo's for something else, but I have some pictures)

pic one is the tail with the extension. You can see the pull pull wires, they are loose - no servo's. Next is the exit area. I just used a couple of old nyrods and ran the cables inside. The third pic is the servo area. Rudder servo is center, the elevator servo is raised and over to one side.

I also got rid of the turtledeck (is was a total loss). With these mods it knife edges well, but still turns towards the belly on any application of rudder. I had hoped that the triangular shaped rudder would eliminate that tendancy. Next plane of this style I would build would be the venture 60, lighter and with some of the 4* bugs addressed.

The four star is an excellent flyer though. Didn't mean to hijack your post DarkLotus, good luck with your build and enjoy!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32945.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	393071   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74668.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	393072   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn42282.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	41.4 KB