RCU Forums - View Single Post - Corona 120 VS LMH 110
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2002, 04:12 AM
fletch-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corona 120 VS LMH 110

I really should have asked this before I bought it, but i have not opened the kit so i can always take it back.

Back in 2001 I bougt an LMH 110. I really liked the bird except for that Russian engine. It never had any power and was never consistant. one minute I had enough power to take off and fly around, then i would land only to find I didnt have enough power to take off. I went back and forth with this engine and was not happy so I bought a new one thinking I got a lemon. New one was great at first. It had much more power and was consistant. But after 4-6 tanks it went to hell and would lean out like crazy. Like 10 + turns to stop the leaning. About this time I heard that LMH was coming out with a new improved engine so I decided to give it one more shot. But my hobby shop owner warned me that the new engine was no better than the first generation . He even mentioned that you would never find OS making such a small engine as the problem is a matter of tolerance. Anyway I put the thing on the shelf and was just going to get me something with OSMAX 30-61 as i had owned a shuttle and a kalt 61 back in the mid 80's and never had these kind of problems. Well i kept putting it off and then I see this electic 120 today. owner says the electric is much more reliable than the nitro russian version. I would appreciate feedback from owners of the 120. Does this thing have enough power to fly around say 25-50ft in the air? how does the power compare to the nitro version? I understand that this version requires a gyro. I have a brand new hobbico gyro that I bought for the 110 and never used ( mechanical one worked great for me) will this work ok? If I was happy with the 110 (other than the russian engine) will I be happy with the 120?

Thanks in advance,
Fletch