RCU Forums - View Single Post - What is your favorite kit building task?... your least favorite?
Old 11-28-2002, 08:53 PM
AmishWarlord
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is your favorite kit building task?... your least favorite?

Fav Doing some way complex thing on the model and the feeling that comes when it all works out right. Recent example, redesigning the fuce on my Hog bipe.

Least fav The stuff that is supposed to be simple but turns into a nightmare! Recent example, changing the OS FP 25 to an OS SX 32 in my Corsair II. All I had to do was to widen the rails a little and drill 4 little holes. Damn drill bit went in then decided to slide out at a 45` angle to the rail thus hogging out a huge gash. By the time this was over I has to carve out a shelf in the rails to hold some 1/4" oak mounts with blind nuts then epoxy it all in wile not changing the trust setting or spacing on the engine or gluing the engine to the plane. At the last second before I did this I though I'd had better put some kind of grease on the bottom of the engine. Only thing I had was some butter in the fridge. Good thing I did because some epoxy decided to creep up hill to the engine and got all over the bottom. When I pulled the engine out I had a perfect mold of the bottom of the engine! Yes I had to Moto-tool all that crap out to. So the simple task of just drilling four holes took me a week to do.