RCU Forums - View Single Post - SHRIKE CLUB # 1
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2006, 08:59 PM
tccrab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SHRIKE CLUB # 1

Appreciate the reply.
I decided on the LA because it was cheaper and because I had already had the engine mount that fit the LA 40/46 series. I too like the 46FX but they're twice the price.

Just so's it's clear, my Shrike and my Spirit 'aint the only planes in my hanger. They are, however, the first two that I've built from kits.
That being said, I ain't no "wet behind the ears, pimply faced, panty waist teenie without a clue".
I'm a mean old, rotten, dispicable, dirty minded, filthy mounthed, 46 year old child, who picked up the hobby about 2 years ago.

My first plane was a SIG LT40 ARF with a 46FX (surising, eh?). Outgrew it fairly quickly, moved up to a Goldberg Tiger 2 ARF with a ThunderTiger 46. When that got too small, I went to a 60 size Goldberg Tiger 2 ARF with an Enya 120 four stroke. Whoo HOO! What a plane!
Of all my planes, it's actually the easiest to fly, and the most capable.
I just felt the need for speed, and wanted something different.
The Shrike seemed to fit the bill. Looks pretty cool, too.
My dad now flies the LT40, he says the Tiger2 is too fast and that it requires too much attention to keep in the sky. He'd rather putt around the airfield and do an occasional loop. As long as he's happy, I'm happy.

Me, on the other hand..... Love the speed. Gotta have the SPEED!!!!

Thanks for all the tips and the advice.

Still, gotta say...

The instructions for the Shrike...... SUCK!!!!

TomC