RCU Forums - View Single Post - Plans Copiers on Ebay
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2002, 01:58 PM
Otto Kudrna
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plans Copiers on Ebay

Pardon my ignorance, but I would like to ask. If I buy a Kit or a plan, I build the subject, I am not allowed to sell the plans afterword? I must either keep the plans for ever or destroy them when I am finished with them? I also talked with Mr. Ziroli. I asked him to buy a set of reduced plans directly from him. He told me that he could not do that and that he would sell me a set of regular plans and that I should go and have them reduced. What we are talking about here, I think, is that if you want to read a book that may have taken an author a year or more to write, you must go out and buy it. You are not allowed to go to the library and read it for free, since the reading is the final intended end result of the book. The library is hence violating the copy right laws. Also, since every library in the US has copying machines available for the public use they are promoting the infringement of copy right laws and all the libraries should than be closed and all the books be burned, because they are used and may not be resold in order to not infringe on any laws. Do I have this right? Am I understanding this correctly? If so, than anyone who has used a copying machine to copy anything except their own original work has broken the law. Anyone who has sold a book that has been read, has broken the law. anyone who has sold a magazine which has been looked at has broken the law. Anyone who made a copy to put into their documentation folder for that special scale event has broken the law. Conclusion: Burn all the used books in the libraries knock down the libraries shut down all the scale events, because everyone has a documentation folder. Etc. Etc.......... Is this correct? I have Left Czechoslovakia in 1965 to get away from tyranny, to have some freedom, at this rate, if my understanding is correct I think that many people would be running from the US. As a US Marine I am here to protect the freedoms we have in this country, and if all the lawyers in this country rise up to impose unwanted restrictions, I am sure that my comrades and I can make short work of them. My $.02

PS I think that Hitler and Stalin attempted this a few years ago. And also I am against some one buying a set of plans, making a dozen copies and selling them, illegal or not it is immoral. I am also the importer and exclusive distributor of HiPM Magazine in the US and have attempted to take someone to court about copyright infringements. Needless to say we lost, because there are certain "reasonable use" allowances which we are bound to. A lawyer will take any case and argue your point, it is money in his pocket win or lose.

Otto Kudrna GySgt USMC and proud of it (also a scale builder)
"Semper Fidelis"