RCU Forums - View Single Post - Plans Copiers on Ebay
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2002, 02:47 AM
AlStack
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plans Copiers on Ebay

I had been searching for the Col. Art Johnson P-38 plans for quite some time. It is my favorite airplane and some day I hope to scratch build it. Scalebldr was able to help me out with the article from a 1978 Model Buidier magazine. I don't see any difference in him lending me an old magazine to read and copy the article myself or him sending me the info as a friendly gesture.

More and more of this information is available on the magazines websites for EVERYONE to download and print. Even the AMA is adding more indepth iformation to their website. If you visit these sites you will notice they are not requiring anyone to log in as a registered magazine subscriber. Alot of this information is apparently in the"Public Domain" if that term is used anymore.

Now if the company or person makes it know that the information is copy writed, then it is up to all of us to respect that and abide by it. Now with plans and software, you are within the word of the law to make copies of these items for your own use. Like copies of plans to cut up for templates and save the original.

In my research for old plans I found -- Bill Northrop--- [email protected]. He has purchased the copy writes to a number of different plans. He apparently makes this known in the Model Aviation and Flying Models magazines. I have not seen his column or add yet so I don't have any other verified information.

Just my two cents worth. This hobby is a great way for folks to help one another out and as long as we aren't breaking any laws and it helps another R/Cr, how bad are we?