RCU Forums - View Single Post - Do you suggest the OS FL-70 4str.?
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2006, 11:44 AM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: Do you suggest the OS FL-70 4str.?

All:

ORIGINAL: GaGeeBees
I continue to be amazed at the folks who feel compelled to give advice despite the fact that they have zero actual experience with the product in question.
I have sampled many late OS engines, and if not disappointed by the quality, then the performance, longevity, or just the price was a nasty shock.

And the FL-70. It is not necessary to sample every menu item at your local greasy spoon to know you aren't going to be happy eating therre. I also stay away from MacDonald's, the average quiality at Burger King is much higher at the same approximate price.

The "Burger King" of model engines can be said to be the Magnum line, and OS, except for the price, is MacDonald's.

As for the price, OS is up there with the Saito engines, but OS does not have the modern design, generally lighter weight, and efficiency of the Saito line.

Another comparison. You may think the Ford cars are the ones to buy. Have you ever owned a Pinto? Even the best can make a clunker.

I do not have to buy an FL-70 to know there are much better engines for a similar price.

Bill.