RCU Forums - View Single Post - Concorde Project
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2006, 03:40 AM
Props4ever

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Concorde Project

I am back to this project...

I couldn't get hold of Mr. Peter Leung or Mike James!, i have wasted alot time and now i finally contacted owner of a site who is dedicated to this marbelous aircraft, i am hoping he could help me with actual airfoil of the aircraft and i'll ask someone to work with me on creating one for subsonic speed so my model would fly smooth, stable and in pointed direction. I also contacted Bruce thorpe and he provided me with some info on CG point of this model, but it still have to be refigured out after airfoil is generated for my model...
I have changed my mind form props to DF as power plant for this model, this will clear up the problem with rotations and ground clearence issues. I will most likely will be going with tractor fan unit with 2x .45-.46 VRDF, i dont think there are any pusher unit with 3"-4" of diameter to fit nicely in engine necelles...

I have also incresed the dry weight of this model to 14lbs- 16lbs dry, i highly dought if i can achieve my original stated weights in first post but all other diementions will stay the same.

Sammy