RCU Forums - View Single Post - Decisions, decisions....
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2006, 02:28 PM
icecreamslick
My Feedback: (9)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Decisions, decisions....

I think that you have a good handle on the pros and cons of the current RC tank market. [sm=thumbup.gif]

If you are interested in new armor, I would suggest that you go with the Tamiya Leopard and damn the money. It is an awesome tank! I want one badly, but I have the Pershing and Sherman, so my wife said no more for at least a year! [X(] .......next tax season.

The only real question that you have to ask yourself is what are you more interested in: affordable fun or quality at a price

If the answer is affordable fun, you can have fun with either the 1:9 Abrams or the 1:24 Abrams or Leopard. The 1:9 is big and impressive, but hard to store and there will be little chance of battling unless you install a paint ball gun. I personally think that my two 1:24 VS tanks, with the IR battle system, are very cool for the money and the owner has the option of sophisticated battle. Plus, you can go farther on upgrades/details and they display well on any shelf.

If it is real quality that you can build and be proud of that you are after, the Tamiya Leopard is the pinnacle..............unless you want to jump up several thousand dollars for a metal 1:8 scale tank.

If I were single, I would aready own a 1:16 Tamiya Leopard.

Good Luck!
Jason