RCU Forums - View Single Post - Decisions, decisions....
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2006, 07:59 PM
nemesis4u
My Feedback: (77)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Decisions, decisions....

I second TANKDUELs Comments... I have owned less quality items and you do get more unlucky with the lower grade stuff... But In order of bang for the buck I personally have 21st Century aka Ultimate SOldier Stuart, Humvee, and 3 Abrams Tanks, I have owned all Tamiya WWII tanks and have driven the Tamiya LEO 2A as well as have driven the 1:24 VS Leo Tanks twice...
for the $$$ and fun I rate it in this order... and this IS THE WORD ACCORDING TO ME!!!
#1 on the list would be ANY TAMIYA TANK ...detail and functions 2nd to NONE!! Yes they are approx 480 for a SHERMAN without radio or battery or BattleSystem or any paint, glue or 48-60 logged hrs of assembly but MAN they have digitally recorded engine sounds, turret, maingun, machine gun and track sounds!!! THey have fully functioning scale suspensions, tracks, and can be built to a museum quality model that will not only win IMPS Scale competitions but also Battle with friends or foes worldwide and yes they last...
#2 VS TANKS Infrared Battle Tanks 1:24 Abrams M1A2 and 1:24 Leo2A5 and Leo2A6 at 89.99 to 109.99 they are simply awesome tanks..have lots of details and do move quite well and handle lots of abuse.. Very cost affordable and give the owner a good intro into IR battles...Not compatible with Tamiya Infrared Battle Systems.. I tried!!
#3 21st Century Stuart, Humvee or Abrams... Just dont drive them too rough b/c they dont have a great resilient suspension like other tanks but yeah they are fun for putting around the school yard or neighborhood and cost about the same on sale as a VS tank .... I love my Abrams Tanks and I dont drive them like I stold them...I drive them cautiously and dont launch them off of curbs or hard surfaces...
#4 HenLong and copy cat tanks that dont have product support................Gamble and 1 out 0f 4 will be ok...
But hey it is only $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ I am looking forward to a new Tamiya Panther or Abrams when it comes available........ I will own all Tamiya tanks soon!! Wife loves them better than GUNS/AMMO and Beer..........