RCU Forums - View Single Post - Crazy wacky Electronics!
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2006, 07:34 PM
cenracer1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Crazy wacky Electronics!

I'll tell you a quick two part story why I won't drive a nitro without a failsafe...
1st story... Racing at the track 2 years ago with my MT2 and someone turned on radio in pits without checking first... Truck went straight down track full speed. caught something and flipped over safety wall and hit a woman in the back knocking her to the ground.. She was OK but I never found out who turned on the radio...[:@]

2nd... My son was running speed trials in a large parking lot.. My friend had his truck racing around.. Xtm X-factor.. He didn't see my son and hit him full speed in the leg.(about 35 mph) very heavy truck... Knocked my son upside down.. when he fell the transmitter fell to the ground and the batteries fell out.. I checked on my son who thankfully didn't suffer any long term damage and realized the truck was still running... Well guess what... Thanks to the failsafe, the truck stopped with full brakes just where it cut off and was just sitting there at idle waiting for a signal... Put the batteries back in the tx and drove the truck back to us and my son to the hospital... Needless to say... My son won't go near an X-factor anymore.. Thankfully the Genesis doesn't bother him...

obviously... the first one didn't have the failsafe and the second one did...