RCU Forums - View Single Post - Photos Of Trailer Interior Layout, Please Post Yours Too!!
Old 02-12-2006, 07:45 PM
1911fan
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lock

Thanks Jim for the compliments. I learned most of the methods I used by reading this post and wanted to share a few pics in case it helps another.

I finished up some more details today with the addition of a fuse cradle that is adjustable via the EZ track system. It is actually pretty simple to make a pair of the cradles for any other plane that might have a unique shape that needs it's own carrier. I used the leftover MDF from the counter top and didn't even need to paint it. THe tail of the .60 size planes barely comes halfway into the trailer so I could easy place my Funtana 90 under the wing rack and another plane next to it and have plenty of room. I built the cradles big so I''ll be forced to buy bigger planes.... I have a PAcific Aeromodels 82" Gee Bee Y model waiting to be built and I know from my last one it will need acustom cradle.

I also installed the MALE outdoor recepticle so I can plug a standard extenstion cord in and charge the system. THe area below the stereo is fitted for my flight box and tool box.

I finished up a fuel caddy from 1x6 lumber left over that holds 4 jugs of fuel in a line against either outside wall. It will have handles on each end and hook eyes so it can be latched up against the EZ track so it won't move during long transports. I plan to insulate the roof and install 12V DC fan in the vent with a MAxx Air cover so in the summer I can run a timer and keep the inside cool.

Feel free to contact me with any questions as I would be glad to help.

Larry

PS- THe graphics came from www.wildmanngraphics.com Chris is a great guy to deal with and his stuff has been on mt truck window for over a year with no fading or peeling.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30308.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	407020   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up48664.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	407021   Click image for larger version

Name:	Va72278.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	28.3 KB