RCU Forums - View Single Post - GUYS, your models are great but get HIM right!!!
Old 02-12-2006, 11:45 PM
Brad330l
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GUYS, your models are great but get HIM right!!!

HIM??
Him is the pilot in your cockpit. The cockpit that you spent a whole week on getting all the dials and switches just right. Now it seems that you just look around you work bench and grab the first thing that resembles a pilot figure and throw him in.

Wrong scale,, wrong size, wrong position in the cockpit/seat,,, I mean it can and does for me really distract from the beautiful piece of machinary that surrounds him.

Go take a look at your pride and joy right now,,, NOW,,, (please) and come back and tell me that your pilot is a good representation of a couple of pictures you have of that aircraft with a man in it.

The biggest erk is too small a pilot sitting too high in cockpit,,,,YUK.
Second erk is proper sized pilot seeming to stare into space out the top of the canopy,,,,,YUK.
9 times out of 10 you see a pilot on the ground looking foward and down serveying the ground ahead and in a fly by he may be looking down at the admiring faces looking up at him so positioning is important to me too.
With modern 'Warbirds' it is not uncommon to have a P51 driver dressed in Jet Jocky atire, that is OK, just make him the right size and look like he is doing some thing scale. He is part of your model.

Some,,, no,, a lot of pilots look fantastic, but to me they are in the minority.
So come on give me some excuses. By the way I am not a master builder like so many of you but i know what looks good and scale.

With all due respect to all.
Brad