RCU Forums - View Single Post - FP heloCP blades on FP helo
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2006, 04:31 PM
credence
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FP heloCP blades on FP helo

I've got a brushless tail coming in the mail now. I hope it works. My current problem with the DD tail setup (with the exception of alot of heat because i'm using 3 cells, I can't see the motor lasting very long) is that I seem to be having reliability problems, this is more likely due to the ESC and not the tail (cheap GWS ICS50). I figured i'd may aswell just order the brushless tail and ESC instead of bothering with another brushed ESC. Throttle response on brushless motors relies very much on the quality of your speed controller. The jumpyness of the motor may or may not be a problem during startup. The rotors don't put as much torque as the stock ones do because they have alot less pitch built in, so this may help. The bird requires a much higher headspeed to get airborne, at which point the tail should be running at a good clip. It may spin a bit during initial spoolup, won't know till I test it.
I've got a Feigao 12MM IPS replacement for the DD tail coming, aswell as a castle creations thunderbird 9 ESC. Got both for about $50 from AllERC, not too bad.

As for what i'm running.
Align 430L on the mains with an 11T pinion
Align 25A ESC
GWS 6CH RX
Running a 3 cell, 1000 MAH LIPO
Gyro is a GY401 which I pulled off my bigger helicopter as it's just sitting there right now (winter stinks for flying )