RCU Forums - View Single Post - Walkera Transmitters with other RX does work.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:17 AM
chris6414
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Walkera Transmitters with other RX does work.

The receiver specs are the key. The receiver in any radio is either dual, single conversion. Walkera is a single conversion receiver with weird modulation. The transmitter however, used with any FM single conversion receiver of the same shift, should work. Airtronic/JR use I believe, positive shift where Futaba and Hitec use negative shift. GWS receivers can be purchased in either. You just need to specify which type of transmitter you use. I gather from this info that Walkeras are positive shift transmitters. Pick up a airtronics/JR single conversion receiver or a GWS positive shift and you should be in buisiness with your Walkera Transmitter once you figure out the channel differences. The question is why would you do that? The range and reliability is not great. Check E-bay for a cheap combo. I'm running an old Am Attack 4 Futaba and FP-R114H receiver in my #4 and it works fine and has great range. Just like it does in my planes. I think I payed $20 on E-bay for the set. Just need a seperates set-up or a 3 in 1 and your flying. I save my Walkera transmitter for my sim.[8D]