RCU Forums - View Single Post - Here's a Simple & FREE First Foam Build Plan! Cool Looking Plane Too...
Old 02-15-2006, 07:22 AM
AJ1202

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Here's a Simple & FREE First Foam Build Plan! Cool Looking Plane Too...

Espresso, my plane is not a 3-D. it is far too heavy for that, it is simply a flat foamy. I think the intrest in 3-D is the fact that you can do amazing stunts as well as hover them, watch a vid of one and you can see the reason for the intrest, I personaly am not really interested in the 3-D but like the idea of being able to fly a plane that is cabable of incredible all out stunts and yet look like a real plane in the air. My plane is what you call a profile plane. Then again it's all about what you like and how far you can push the design
Look at it this way a Disc plane could be considered a flat foamy as well as 3-D if set up right. You were playing with a disc a while back weren't you. How did that turn out?
I made a small mod to the wing this morning that I'm hoping will make it more stable and allow for better lift and glide ability
I added a 9" extention to the end that added a touch of dehedrial and polyhedrial at the wing tips. the mod points to the rear of the plane so it also added a new look altogether

EDIT: just got back from flying with the mods to the wing,, success, it was much more stable and once I got the right prop figured out it flew good, I will still say it is definatly harder to fly than anything I have flown so far but it was a blast to fly, I need to reinforce it a little more and get my thrust angles set up but it flys good once you get it up there