RCU Forums - View Single Post - When Should I start #2.
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2002, 08:45 AM
rorywquin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When Should I start #2.

Originally posted by pinball
The truth of the matter is that unless you are gifted or very lucky, the second plane you own will also be a trainer. .

Sorry but I really do not agree with this statement ! If you try to learn without a good and experienced instructor (not your pal who has just learned to fly) or are very unlucky you might need a second trainer. Most trainer "accidental" damage is usually repairable and at my club, most of our beginners get their 'A' certificate (ie go solo) with their first trainer suffering minimal damage. If the trainer is well built / assembeld and checked out by your instructor there is no reason to crash it! It is all down to good instruction(I include all aspects of r/c flying).

Once you have learned to fly your trainer properly you will have a good idea of what you would like to fly next (and you will better understand your own abilities). By all means start building that warbird, you can take your time and make a nice job of it while you learn to fly. Once you master the trainer, then transition from a high wing to a low wing and learn to fly it properly. After that you will be ready for your warbird!