RCU Forums - View Single Post - Here's a Simple & FREE First Foam Build Plan! Cool Looking Plane Too...
Old 02-15-2006, 04:28 PM
Fisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Here's a Simple & FREE First Foam Build Plan! Cool Looking Plane Too...

AJ1202,

You are doing far more real building than I am. My first foam plane went together just like Foamflyer's directions stated. I dropped in the gear and threw it into the air. Voila! Off she went straight and stable. I have hit a tree, belly flopped it a couple of times and even ran straight into a building while on landing approach. Still flying it, though the plane is not all that pretty any more. There was never any need to mess with wing or any other aspect of the plane. The design is very very forgiving. And the fact that it is just a 3 channel makes it easy to fly.

On a side note I just finished building a Great Planes Reflection. I am looking to fly 3-D with it. First flight was very short due to the fact that the aileron servo needed to be reversed. I have read many posts from people who had not gotten the aileron travel set correctly before their first flight and I always wondered how dumb you had to be to let that happen. Now I realize I am the dumb standard for that action.

I have built no other planes since the first two So Whats. Waiting to smash them to pieces before I make more. I intentionally to the So What out in 30 mph plus gusting winds to see what it would do. Lots of fun to fly a plane in those conditions and not worry about smashing it up. Still did not manage to destroy it. 6 planes in the house at one time is about the family limit for now. Have fun.