RCU Forums - View Single Post - Here's a Simple & FREE First Foam Build Plan! Cool Looking Plane Too...
Old 02-15-2006, 06:22 PM
Espresso-Outfitters
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Here's a Simple & FREE First Foam Build Plan! Cool Looking Plane Too...

AJ I have ran experiements in the shop both heated and unheated, it's giving me the same consistant results, ie. no heat, no flight. I did the same with outdoor tests where I have a covered temp structure which shields the wind, again, same results. I will have more data in this area once it warms up here, but so far this phenomena is baffling. I've discussed aerodynamic theory with others and they all have clearly stated full sized aircraft have very defined principals and the smaller scale have not been addressed as much in the theory, my idea is because only full scale aircraft bear any merit in the commercial world.

One of the reasons I'm defining these principals is the fact that I will soon be doing this on a commercial basis and not only want to have exotic designs, I want the mainstream ones to always consistantly fly well. I've purchased plenty of off of shelf designs and many had zero merit what so ever, yet they still managed to get to those shelves and be mass produced. This shows me that traditional fuill scale aircraft design is only meant for traditional full scale aircraft and the rule books need to be re-written for the smaller ones. Any further input would be helpful, the book is not closed in my mind at least in regards to temperature fluctuations.