RCU Forums - View Single Post - Goldberg Ultimate 10-300 build
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2006, 05:04 PM
tuwood

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Goldberg Ultimate 10-300 build

ORIGINAL: Garthwood

Hi Tony................I normally use the CG Balancing machine. I'm going to look closly to your picture. I thought if you are going to balance it upside down, that the balancing machine is resting on the top wing. I know that the manual suggests to balance the aircraft upside down, it is not quite clear if it's upside down on the bottom wing the way you have or upside on the top wing.
The ARF's top wing attachment, the top two screws that attaches to the cabane is something else. Very time consuming to attach at the field. I have to make some kind of a mod. Probably a hardwood block with a blind nut. The block will be epoxed to the top of the cabine's front strut and back strut. The kit is designed with a wire from the leading edge, if I'm not mistaking.[img][/img]
with the front of my CG machine propped up a couple inches (i used a sanding bar) the supports cleared the top wing (at the bottom) by a couple inches & it was swinging freely.

If you download the kit manual from http://www.carlgoldbergproducts.com/ultimate.htm it has some decent pictures of how the top wing attaches on page 21. As you can tell from earlier posts it's not ideal either because it's tough to get the pin to line up with the rear attachment.