RCU Forums - View Single Post - 9CAP or 8103
Thread: 9CAP or 8103
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2002, 02:46 PM
OnTheEdge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default From what I've heard they both are great radios.

I just recently bought the 9CAP. I'm very happy with it. This is my first computer radio and I have to admit Futaba is right on the money about how easy it is to program. Without even reading through the manual I was able to save my Zagi in its own model memory, reverse the throttle, assign elevon mixing, set up dual rates and expo for both low and high rates and then assign both elevator and aileron dual rates onto one switch of my choice. Now I did have to fiddle a little but all in all I think it should be a radio that will last me for years. Three things that swayed me to the Futaba is the customer support found here and on other RC forums on the net. I can't ever recall seeing someone from the JR support team chiming in on questions here. (Not that that was a deal breaker but is a consideration) And I also have four Futaba recievers that I could switch crystals and fly with the 9CAP. I also liked the digital trims and most importanly their location. Easy to find on that nail biting "first flight". I test flew the Zagi in about 30 degree weather standing in snow and my cold stiff fingers found the trim very quickly. I'm sure you'd be happy with either as they are both great radios from great companies. Best of luck...............Mark