Thread: 9CAP or 8103
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2002, 05:29 PM
maverick
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9CAP or 8103

Originally posted by GaryB
...well, it seems to work ok, but i was amazed at some of the features it DIDN'T have that the Futaba 8 channel does...at power up, model name & trim positions don't display - you have to scroll to a separate screen to display the model name and trim positions - and then the trim position is in percent rather than graphically displayed!!!...

...you can't disable the trainer switch, so if you accidently hit it in flight you will lose control of your plane - there are no offsets on flaperons - no switch assignability -i got glitches using it with an old Futaba receiver, but maybe it was a bad receiver - also, it's a bettery eater - seems to be worse than the 8 channel Futaba, but maybe not...

...after reading this, i think i'm going to have to have a new Futaba 9 channel...
You will be pleasantly surprised with the 9C. It does all of what you mention above and way more.

I programmed all of my planes into mine last night while watching TV. It was very easy and the manual was not needed very much. Only a few times when needing to figure out the sequence of buttons to press for navigation and then I put the manual down and didn't need to reference it again.

Apart from all of the other virtues people have been raving about, I really like the switch assignability.

I bought the 9CHP version so by default the retract switch is on the top right. Well no problem when setting up a plane. I just re-assigned it to the switch on the top left.

Also I really like the idle-down and throttle cut features for planes.

I have assigned these 2 mixes to a 3-position switch.

Top position is normal running. Middle position is idle-down and bottom position is throttle cut.

The only complaint is that I couldn't figure out how to turn of the beeps when programming. It nearly sent my wife mad listening to all of the beeping while watching TV.