RCU Forums - View Single Post - Black Magic v2 builder's thread! *Updated*
Old 02-22-2006, 12:04 PM
handglider
My Feedback: (23)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Black Magic v2 builder's thread! *Updated*

Hi Everyone,

I got back my first set of laser cut formers last night, and well... the quality of the cutting was - - really poor, the wood was very burned, in fact the package smelled like it was rescued from a forest fire. I am surprised the package didn't get inspected by the NSA. For a company that "specialized" in cutting "balsa" the job they did for me is - well p*ss poor, which is a shame because they charged me almost $70.00 to cut 3 sets of plywood and one set of balsa formers. I guess it's a lesson learned....

In the past I have used another company "lizards lazer" which did a super job on my super kaos rib sets. I am trying to contact the lizard but have had no luck...

I am still looking for a GOOD laser cutter, I have multiple orders for formers at the moment and will be hand cutting these for my customers. If anyone has any referrals please forward them to me. I can knock out a complete set of hand cut formers in about an hour and I've got about 3 complete set in stock at the moment.

I have finally received all my wing tubes and other parts for my #1 and #2 planes, so I am diving head first into finishing my wings and fuse on my #1 plane. Things are finally lined up and I have all parts required in house to complete. And now that the time intensive parts of this project are behind me ( setting up my jig, drawing formers and jig parts ) I hope to make some major headway over the next couple of weeks, I would love to have #1 flying by the end of march.

I am also re-plotting my former widths from f5-f9 to get a more perfect taper to the tail. I will also have to adjust the jig to reflect these former changes as well.

I have been busy with my real world job the last couple of days, but I did get to trim the turtle decks and sheet the fin last night.

cheers, Dean