RCU Forums - View Single Post - E-Hawk 2000 Electric Sailplane
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2006, 03:30 PM
Silop2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: E-Hawk 2000 Electric Sailplane

Thank you for the interesting information about the E-hawk 2000.
I bought mine 2 years ago and then I was new to R/C and I found it very hard to fly.
One wing was heavier and had a little bent all over the length.
I changed the motor to a little stronger brush motor and replaced the folding propeller to a 9x5 folding CAM prop.
The battery is a 2400 mA 7.4 V LiPo. The weight is 53 ounce in total. I can manage it to gain reasonable height 2 to three times during a soaring flight.
Last weekend I took it down from the ceiling and went to a hill for slope flying. The wind was right and I just used the motor to get out of the hill.
Then I managed to have it in the air for almost half an hour. Then my fingers get stiff due to the cold weather and the strong wind. The Hawk managed very well and I was surprised of its very well behaving in the wind. Some tipstall occurred but I had time to correct it.
The taught part was still ahead due to the landing, but I managed it well as I have made the ailerons as breaks and I landed 5 meters behind me.
I think I will go there again in the summer.

Tonight I followed your advise about a little more dihedral and I look forward to see what it will do.
//Bosse