RCU Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Aircore Colt 40 information
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2002, 03:51 AM
rcs36
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Colt 40

No problem, glad to be of help. A few more things that might be of help to you is that when you try and fit the wing into the pre-cut wing saddles, you will find that the curve of the saddle does not match the wing. But, as you carve out the saddles to match the wing, also carve them to set the wing incidence. You set this at "0". Do this and square your wing with the stab before you add on the wing positioning strips which are mentioned first in the manual. The wing incidence is very important as to how this plane flies. I also added some thin one sided sticky foam, like that used when installing camper shells to trucks, to the wing so the saddles do not rub on the wing. You might also consider clear coating your plane. The red ink on this plane rubs off from the fuel. I'm not sure if clear coating will work, but it might be worth a try. Set the CG right on the wing spar ,for now, and you should have no problems. What size engine are you going to use and what prop? I have an OS .46 FX with a tuned pipe and a 11 X4 APC prop. I set a little right thrust angle, 1 - 2 deg, on mine and she tracks pretty straight on TO. When you think you are ready to do the best flat spin that any plane can do, let me know and I can help with the set up.

Good Luck and Keep Warm,
Richard