RCU Forums - View Single Post - FP heloCP blades on FP helo
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2006, 09:33 PM
credence
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FP heloCP blades on FP helo

Welp, first flights look good. Tail is holding well enough. Tail is VERY responsive. Heli piros extremely fast. Still trying to dial out some wag, gonna have to play with both gain and delay because tail motors aren't nearly as quick as a tail servo is. My ability to test is limited though because i'm flying in a very small and very cluttered area. Going to take it out to my garage tommorow and see how she handles. Arming the brushless tail ESC is a bit wierd if you're used to the original 4in1 boxes though .

On a side note, the flat bottom blades I was trying to run are no good. They don't have enough of an angle of attack to produce sufficent lift. The headspeed I need to get the helicopter responsive enough and off the ground would be downright dangerous. With the flat bottoms, at full throttle I can only get the bird into it's own ground effect. It's very stable, but theres no reserve power to climb out, and cyclic was very sluggish.

Maybe those carbon fibre MS blades will work well. Bit pricey though. I'm back to the stock blades for now. I'm going to try to iron out some of their AOA to increase the helicopters headspeed. With the current setup, the bird is airborne before I even reach mid stick, and it climbs like a mother! I'd like to get the bird airborne atleast around mid-stick.