RCU Forums - View Single Post - 31% Exclusiv Modellbau Ultimate 10-300S build w/pics
Old 02-24-2006, 03:57 AM
WarbirdAirRacer
My Feedback: (16)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 31% Exclusiv Modellbau Ultimate 10-300S build w/pics

Thanks for the kind words everyone! this has been a sweet build for me and really has gotten me into the building mood again and look forward to the next kit.

New UPDATE for the week....

Well I all 4 wings done over the week and got the plane all put together and man does it look SWEEEEEEET! [8D].......anyway, I have a good day into each wing panel with fitment work and guess work on how i want/wanted to mount each wing.

Bottom wing(s) - On the bottom wing I built it like they said (or showed by pics) and used 1/4-20 blind nuts to bolt up to the fuse. like most ARFs these days. As I found to be most easyest and worrie free........And as always I will have pics on next my next post after I write my tech info out....I also changed how the outter wing struts as they had you use a bolt that went threw the wing with a round type blind but in the strut....I found this way to get weak over time and not be as strong as I wanted....So I went with the CG 60-1.20 Ultimate way and made a plate that the struts will bolt to with 4-40 bolts and blind nuts. Then after gluing each (w/CA) new strut plate in I fiberglassed each one in with HD glass and 30 min Epoxy. with a touch on rubbing Alcohol to thin out the epoxy. I also used 1/8" ply for wing strut plate/wing rib....any other questions please ask.

Top Wing(s) - The top wings went together much of the same way as the bottom two with a few changes on how I mounted the top wings to each other.....I went ahead and drilled 2 (1 per wing half) holes in the wing tube and glued in 6-32 blind nut(s) on a 1/8" ply wood plate. (Side note - I believe this is how Aeroworks mounts their Ultimate wings also along with the H9 46% Ultimate.) So I figured this would work best for me aswell and it came out perfect and just how I wanted it.....along with the wing tube the kit also comes with 2 steel rods that slide into the top wings also to ad it with the wing tube. and they have brass sleaves that the steel rods slide into on each wing half of the top wing (bottom wing gets wooden rods) other then those 2 Idems they go together very will and ture...I almost forgot to add that I will be using Robart 310 hinges on the wings and Robart 308s on the Elev./rudder........again if anyone has any questions please ask!

I will have full pics of the plane put together ASAP because my dad took his cam to Las Vegas with him and my mom so I can not take any pics at this time but will post what wing pics I do have as stated above......I will also take some pics of the top wing on how I mounted them.......

Thanks John