RCU Forums - View Single Post - FunAero S.E.5a build
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2006, 04:22 PM
Mindwarp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FunAero S.E.5a build

Hello all,

It's been ages since I've posted to this thread, so I thought I'd just update everyone as to the situation.

All the while that I was building the S.E.5a I actually had a second kit going at the same time. As I got further into the 'bipe it became apparent that the second kit was going to be the one that took up more and more of my time, and the S.E.5a got put on hold.

I'm here to announce that the second kit is now finished! It was rolled out on Friday evening, and so I'll hopefully have more time to work on the 'bipe again now. I've attached a picture of the end product, and I'm pretty pleased with the way that it turned out.

His name is Alexander William Vickers, and he was delivered on Friday evening. I've had a chat with him, and I'm pretty sure that he expressed a preference for biplanes over monoplanes. I also mentioned whether he had any opinions on ARF's and he spat up on me. I guess we'll be seeing posts from him on this forum in the not too distant future

Maybe now I'll be able to start in on the S.E.5a again. I'm guessing that I'm going to have plenty of opportunity in the early hours of the morning. Hey, I figure I'll get him used to the smell of balsa early [8D]