RCU Forums - View Single Post - Showtime 4D and Evo 26 gasser??
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2006, 01:13 PM
crhammond
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Showtime 4D and Evo 26 gasser??

I have the Saito 100 in an 8lb VectorFlight 66" Edge 540. I use 30% Cool Power Pro Heli fuel. Now that it is broken in it turns 16x8 APC pattern prop at just under 10K RPM (and yes my tach is right (its a fromeco)... and no it's not lean and the engine is not stressed - its blowing lots of smoke - maybe I have a really good 100?) Vertical is unlimited. I am thinking of getting a ST so that I can learn Pattern and fly in a couple of Sportsman contests this year at a reasonable cost.

I would think with careful attention to weight that this combo would be awesome for a Pattern newbie. I can't comment on 3D (because I can't do it.) But I am sure there would be more than enough power since I can go straight up at 2/3 throttle basically until I'm out of sight... with a wide low-pitch prop it should hang all day no?

The 30% makes a very significant difference especially once the engine "frees up." It improves idle, transition and adds about 400 to 500 RPM on top. I tried a lot of props too - the APC 16x8 pattern was the best by far. I am at 3000' altitude. The other key is to use an OS plug - that improves everything and adds a lot of top-end RPMs also. The SA100 is a very strong and quiet mill IMO.