RCU Forums - View Single Post - Werks Collari
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2006, 02:00 AM
SUB-LOGIC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Werks Collari

Ok 1st off, The Collari .30 and .32 are excellent engines for tourque and power and absolutely rip shreds in a LST.

But before you go spend your hard earned cash, be warned, that the new 8mm starter shaft and 1 way are a real pain in the arse.
This is a really bad design as the bearing is on the inside of the back plate and it just sits on the shaft once pushed through from the out side. The 1 way is not housed (meaning there is a 1.5mm gap between the bearing and the back plate) and runs free inside your engine. It rubs against your conrod and shaves a few millimeters off every run. Also, because the bearing is not housed, it vibrates constantly on the shaft, in turn it wears the 8mm shaft down to about 7.6mm and your 1way will no longer grab it to start your engine.

Sirio have done exactly the same thing with the new .27 backplate and the same on their .30

I got 3 collari .30's, 1 for me, 2 for friends, and 1 .32 for friend and another friend got his own Sirio .30. They ALL have the same problem.

So if you want to replace starter shafts every week or 2, go buy one!

Or better yet, ask Eric from Werks about how many shafts were sent back and replaced. I'm sure he will tell you 9 just from me and a hell of a lot more from other. All these engines are now sitting in boxes gathering dust.

Dont get me wrong.. these engines rip shreds. But if you want a .30, go for the OS30 with the savage setup. Bolt rotor start straight on!

Later
Sub