RCU Forums - View Single Post - Torpedo Boats
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2006, 09:10 AM
cyclops2

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Torpedo Boats

I am a little late on this subject .

8', Higgins 78' PTB, Gun Boat.--all 1/8" ext. ply. --
41 lb. trolling motor mounted inside the hull and controlled by a Novak Super Rooster Reversing ESC off off a 12 vdc trolling battery.
Motor and shafts are connected by a overdriven timing belt drive. Props are 4.5" X 5" P/ 5 blades.
SS 5.5' with 5 SS bearings each.
2 SS rudders

2 tone green jungle pant job. 15 USN crew, 6 Aussies, 4 wounded in deck blankets, and 2 dead on deck.
2--50 cals. at bridge.
2-- 37mm cannons amidships, 2-- 50 cals. on bow. 2--50 cals. on stern
2-- Steel tube torpedo tubes and torpedos, followed by newer 2 roll off torpedo racks and torpedos.

120 watt dual channel stereo driving 8 --large car speakers that have a custom speed and volume linkage to increase together and set for slight off synchronized that almost meet at top speed.
That alone stands the hair up on my body, on a head on attack run, at top speed.

The boat almost yanked me, 190#. off the dock when I slammed the throttle wide open.
I did 1/2 undress to remove the splinters.

A 21# trolling motor was border line. the 41# is perfect.
She is on plane in 30' to 50'.

" They were expendable " still gets my juices going.

I joined PTB's Inc. to get a original PTB sound track and support the groups efforts.

I have a 80' ASR boat framed up for the 21# trolling motor but my interests have changed to volunteering my time to free boats for kids in schools.

My Mother said I could come back from playing in the desert with mud on my shoes.