RCU Forums - View Single Post - SHRIKE CLUB # 1
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2006, 01:47 AM
Sir Crab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SHRIKE CLUB # 1

HI All,
I finished my Shrike .10 a few weeks ago then found the club, Cold ones for all [8D]
I added tricicle gear to it, Strengthened and sheeted the wings, remade the stabs and added a longer stronger elevator.

Its powered by an O.S 25.
The longer hard-wood elevator stands up to the stress of high speed turns but i try to be careful of overdoing it. It added a little tail weight but it countered the weight from the gear and larger fuel tank (6.oz).

I made a hatch with the front part of the fuse that screws and latches into the canopy hatch for any fuel/front wheel issues, i don't like it when something inside is un accessible,

Im unsure of its elevator authority with the stock one but changing it to a peice of 3" hardwood whips it around nicely (i didnt want to trust a longer balsa elevator at high speeds).

The stabs are larger than the stock ones and "jagged" to look like the elevators of an F=15.

And its coated in Safety orange and safety yellow ultracote in an odd "paint splatter" design on top and a "running paint" design on the bottom but it looks more like a funny flame job

I wish i found the club while building it as id have had some great tips from all of you, but after all the debates in my head strengthening the frame was a much better desicion.

Hope to see a spead freak next time i get to the feild (Chatfield reservior, Co).
Till then ill keep ripping up the back feild.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22632.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	421144   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av68539.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	421145