RCU Forums - View Single Post - another "fly without an instructor" question
Old 03-06-2006, 10:48 AM
brooke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: another "fly without an instructor" question

Radvico,
I did teach myself with the EP foams. I did crash them some before before I was able to fly every flight with out a crash. I did replace the main wing twice and the tail wing once, so it didn't cost me to much. Then I went to a nexstar, to date I have not crashed it and I have well over 100 flights on it. I never used an instructor, but started with a friend who had been flying for about one year, this did help.
Now with taht said, I also had two others friends want to do the same thing so I told them how it went for me. They tried to do the same as me and one of them only tried it one time, crashed and gave it up. The other friend tried many, many times and crashed every time. Then he came to me for help ( I am not much help like an instructor) I did try to help him, but he still crashed every time. I was able to fly his plane very well, but when he tried to do it - CRASH.
I guess what I am trying to say is that I think some people can do it and some need the help from an experienced pilot. Like I said I did it all on my own and loved it with out real problems, but now that I am flying with some experienced pilots I am really learning a lot of info. I did not know before.