Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

U-Can-Do 3D EP

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 05:37 PM
mobaddawg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default U-Can-Do 3D EP

Hi,
Has anybody upgraded a UCD EP from brushed to brushless? I have tried it once after the plane almost caught fire from a bad Brushed motor. What parts motor should I use? I have a 11.1v 1800mah 15c and a 11.1v 1300mah 20c battery and a 30a ESC already so I only need a motor.
Thanks!
Old 04-27-2011, 06:11 PM
Fallstonray

Default RE: U-Can-Do 3D EP

I've been thinking about the same thing, but I saw the manufacture website that they don;t recommend using brushless ??? Why not? Looks like it's a perfect candidate for the conversion.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:34 AM
mobaddawg

Ya, It says that in the manual too. It's a pretty lightweight plane without the brushed motor on it.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:28 PM
Zim-uh-tosa

I had the EPP yak55 (99.9% the same plane as u can do) and ran brushless on it just fine. I used the Himax HC2812-0850 stick mounted, but you can use any motor than puts out around 150 watts. If you are learning 3D you want to try and get the watts-per-pound between 150-175 watts per pound for that plane. If you are just cruising around and sport flying, you can get away with much less, like 125 watts-per-pound. You will want to buy some flat carbon fiber and glue it to the outside of the fuselage on both sides. Without the extra support, this plane is worthless for learning 3D. You could also get a carbon fiber arrow and fit it into the inside of the fuse along the bottom. The noodling of the fuse will drive you crazy! I glued my CF from about half of the wing all the way as far as you can go on the tail(both sides). I must have crashed and fixed mine 100+ times before i retired it. Crash, take it home and hot glue the torn EPP, take it back out...Repeat! I ran 11.1v 3s 1350 batteries in mine.....

Good luck. With a little work, your plane will be fine and fun to learn on.

Z