Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Small Gas 3D Plane

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 07:59 AM
Abrams
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Small Gas 3D Plane

I have a Seagull .46 size Edge 540 with a tired .46 Evolution. The power to weight ratiojust isn't there for 3D. I've thought about putting an Evolution .60 in it, but don't really want to invest the money, then decide go into a completely different plane.

The new Evolution 10CC and 15CC engines have caught my eye. This plane really is built for a .60 size. I have everything pushed as far forward as I can, but it's still bordering on tail heavy. More power would certainly help.

I'm actually thinking about skipping over the 10CC (.60CID) and going to the 15CC. To be honest, I don't even know if it's possible. The 10CC looks to be about the same size as my .46. My though is if it won't work in this Edge 540, I would go to another air frame all together.

My initial thought is that this plane is too much of a Ford Pinto to do the job. But then the engineer in me says, what the heck, let's see if it can be done.

Any thoughts? Any suggestions on an alternative 15CC airframe if this one just won't work?
Old 05-21-2013, 01:31 PM
mazjag

Default RE: Small Gas 3D Plane

That 15cc is kinda an odd size...I never buy a plane without seeing what else the components will fit...Your gonna wreck it most likely after a bit and you`ll be stuck with odd size stuff...I`d look for planes that took a DLE 20 or 30 cc or something close... check out extreme flight and 3DHS.com
Old 05-21-2013, 04:33 PM
Abrams
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Small Gas 3D Plane

15cc is a .90cid. It would be a good engine to overpower a .60cid plane. I'm just not so sure about a 3D plane. I could make a killer little sundowner... pylon racer.