Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

3D EPP foamy (NOT Twisted Hobbies though)

Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

3D EPP foamy (NOT Twisted Hobbies though)

Old 11-08-2021, 06:50 AM
westwind1124

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3D EPP foamy (NOT Twisted Hobbies though)

I have a project that I am struggling to find. I want to copy what a friend has for night flying. Its a TechOne Swift (which of course isn't available anymore) and he put some LED strips on it and it has made an AMAZING night flyer. This is essentially what I want to do. Its a nice size plus flies on 3S 2200 batteries that I already have a ton of. I have been looking for something like that in 40 inch WS range but the only thing I am finding is the crack stuff from Twisted Hobbies. Now, they make GREAT stuff but SOOOOOO expensive. Particularly for this project, I'm just NOT spending 400 plus to do this. The only thing I have found close is this Skynetic SBach from MotionRC. It looks a little flimsy plus I don't want anything that was a ton of that CF rod webbing all over the bottom, and I doubt it will fly with 2200 batteries. Anyone have some suggestions for this project?

Thanks
Old 12-02-2021, 08:41 AM
westwind1124

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here you go everyone. I got the all white MX2 from Fancy foam and painted it myself. The LEDS worked great and you can see the finished product. I do have an appropriate sized spinner on order but it’s hung up in the mail somewhere of course. Thanks for all the help.