Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

Nippy 0508 doing funny things on my shocky?

Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Nippy 0508 doing funny things on my shocky?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 02:32 AM
motorbikemike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nippy 0508 doing funny things on my shocky?

I am running the nippy black 0508 on my shockflyer with a phoenix 10 and a three cell thundrpower 720. If I go from low to high stick the motor makes a funny sound and will only spin slow but if I slowly move the stick to high it works fine. I thought it might be that the pack could not handle the burst so I put on a 3 cell 1320 and had the same result. I then put on a 2 cell 1200 and it worked fine but I could not hover it as the rpm was to low. I also put on many differant props from 8-6 to 10-47 and no help. I have heard to many good things about this motor so I hope that it is somthing that I am doing wrong and not a bad motor[&o] Any help you all could give me would be great.
Thanks Mike
Old 04-06-2004, 03:16 AM
patternflyer1
My Feedback: (11)

Default RE: Nippy 0508 doing funny things on my shocky?

Try entering the programming mode for the esc. Change the soft start setup. I'm not sure on the phoenix 10 as I run the 25's. But I think the programming modes are the same. My Himax 2015-4100 was doing the same thing. I don't think it's your motor. You can always contact castle creations and ask them. I hear they have great customer service. Good luck, Chris....
Old 04-06-2004, 11:59 AM
motorbikemike

Default RE: Nippy 0508 doing funny things on my shocky?

Thanks I will reprogram the esc and see if that does it. Sounds like a good place to start.