Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

Shock-Flyer with Hobby Lobby PJS external rotor?

Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Shock-Flyer with Hobby Lobby PJS external rotor?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 02:45 PM
Dustflyer
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Shock-Flyer with Hobby Lobby PJS external rotor?

I've been flying my Shocky for a while with the stock motor setup. It will hover at about 3/4 throttle initially but before long on the Ikarus 3 cell Li-Po it takes full throttle to hold a hover and deteriorates quickly from there.

I want to go brushless but just wondering if there is a lesser cost option than the Axi 2208/34 that everyone seems to prefer. Not that it's a fortune, but just wondering if anyone has considered the PJS outrunners. They are considerably less money than the AXI.
Old 09-15-2004, 03:26 PM
Ian.W

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Shock-Flyer with Hobby Lobby PJS external rotor?

I have a PJS 330 SFR. the SFR is supposed to have the same amont of power as a 330SF (3S) on 2S. So i run mine on 3S with a 9x4.7 APC SF. its not as efficient as a AXI, so expect shorter flights (typically 5 mins of 3D with the kokam 340) so id recomend something in the 830mah range for about 12 minutes.

power is nice, on my very heavy blade i had (basically a EPP shock) itd hover a about 2/3 power, not great compared to waht im used to so i set a throttle curve to be about 75% at mid stick, so thats why i may have been getting shorter flights.

Id say its a good motor, not the lightest (compared to the CD rom motors, lighter than the AXI setup tho), nor the most powerfull (need to see some of the german motors for that e.g. 24g motor 550g+++ of thrust[X(]) nor i suppose the most efficient. but its a good motor, plenty of power for a lighter shock (use lightest stuff you can get) and youll have a ball of a time

Good luck
Ian[8D]
Old 09-16-2004, 08:10 AM
patternrules
My Feedback: (6)

There's a thread on RCGROUPS that a guy uses the nippy 0808. I have the C&K which is $71.36 US takes about a week to get and is lighter than other setups 21.9 grams with mount works great on Kokam 340 2 cells about 8 minute flights. Total weigh w/ battery 162 grams.
Steve Maxwell
Old 09-18-2004, 01:38 PM
Ian.W

Steve, is the the CK from the UK???

PJS, if you do get one without the back plate with the solder tabs, the newer style with a backplate and wires exiting the rear cooling holes is crap, see my RCG thread in teh 3D section[:@]
Old 09-20-2004, 12:05 AM
patternrules
My Feedback: (6)

Yes It is.
"Steve, is the the CK from the UK???"