Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

Tensor or Ultrarc EDGE 540

Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Tensor or Ultrarc EDGE 540

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 07:37 PM
srg123cohen
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tensor or Ultrarc EDGE 540

HELP ME WHICH ONE SHOULD I GO WITH
Old 01-02-2005, 07:52 PM
bdavison
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Tensor or Ultrarc EDGE 540

I have to say go for the Tensor. I have a extra 300, three ultimates (one of which is quarter scale) , a Formosa, and various other planes. The Tensor is awesome. If your an advanced pilot looking for something that is wild, yet stable, the tensor is the ticket.

I cant say enough about it. I never thought a plane could fly that good. It just flys great. Its stable at high and low speeds. No tip stall that I can find at slow speeds. Everyone knows that you dont touch rudder on a landing....you can with the tensor. Key it over a tad and it will just turn. Practice this at higher altitude so you see how it works.

The thing that surprises me is how stable it is. Its really hard to get it to fall out of the sky. It just tracks so well.

Slow rolls are a breeze with the tensor. You dont even need any rudder or elevator input. Just key up some aileron, and watch it go round and round. Roll rates are pretty slow. Not real wild. The rudder and elevator is sensitive, but not overly so.

The plane can take a fairly good beating. I accidentally landed a little hot, and popped one of the landing gear struts. A little CA and its fine. I have no doubt that if I had done the same with my shockflyer, I would have been picking up styrofoam pieces.
Old 01-05-2005, 12:57 PM
ekripper
My Feedback: (11)

Go with the Tensor
Old 01-06-2005, 09:35 AM
TailTwister
My Feedback: (1)

Tensor[8D]

Period, paragraph, end of discussion...

Really dude (I'm kidding up there), unless you fly in wind, there isn't much the Tensor can't do. I fly the EF Yak, whick is very similar to the 3D Buddy line (duplicate, if you ask me) and it is great, but the Tensor is truly one of those "next level" planes. I fly my Tensor in my tiny little front yard, but I'm more comfortable with the Yak down the road at the park. It is faster, and needs more room to maneuver.

Axi 2208/34, 3S Tanic 830, CC P-10, APC 10x4.7sf. Smokin power!

Berg 5 or Hitec Electron and three HS-55s for control.

Mine is 10.25 ounces.