Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Shockflyer Vid.

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 10:07 AM
heliplane
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shockflyer Vid.

I finally got to where I can kinda do harrier rolls. This is shockflyer #2. I'm running an AXI 2212-34 a predator 880 3S lipo. I love these little planes. This thing really is a blast.

http://host37.ipowerweb.com/~rcfunfl...%201-25-05.wmv
Old 01-27-2005, 11:37 AM
Foamaholic
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Shockflyer Vid.

Nice video. I have the Superstar too. Isn't it great? Wish I could fly it like you do. How to you do the rolling circles?
Old 01-27-2005, 07:01 PM
heliplane

Thanx I've been working on the high alpha rolls for about 3 months. I think the biggest help was to slow the aelerons down a little bit and also you have to vary the throttle. I've also learned that more elevator and less rudder is good. With some practice they are definitely possible now if I can just get on the deck torque rolling down.
Old 01-27-2005, 08:35 PM
Foamaholic

Thanks for the tips. I'll keep practicing if the weather ever breaks.
Old 01-27-2005, 11:08 PM
ten pillows

Great job flying. The video is very well done, good choice on the music. I am still having to work hard at torque rolling too. Keep it up.

ten pillows
Old 01-28-2005, 12:06 AM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

good video, but I turned if off Once I heard the music.
I think religion does not need to be in RC... sorry[>:]
Old 01-28-2005, 12:27 AM
Foamaholic

Finel You don't have to listen. What's wrong with someone expressing what they believe in?
Have you said the same about all the other non-RC stuff on these forums?
Old 01-28-2005, 06:22 AM
ben flyn

ORIGINAL: Alkaline

good video, but I turned if off Once I heard the music.
I think religion does not need to be in RC... sorry[>:]
You could have kept that comment to yourself.[:'(]
Old 01-28-2005, 10:44 AM
heliplane

For anybody that might either be offended or would rather not have the music here is a link to the version without the music.[8D]
http://host37.ipowerweb.com/~rcfunfl...%201-24-05.wmv
Old 01-28-2005, 11:24 AM
ghee-grose

You are nicer than I would have been....that's why they make a volume knob.

Life IS precious, and I'm not afraid to admit why!

ghee
Old 01-28-2005, 11:59 AM
ghee-grose

...how about

Life is precious, your flying is sweet!
Old 01-29-2005, 08:10 AM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

I bet if I had posted a video with KMFDM singing about stantist
a lot of people would have the problem.

I'm not trying to dog the person just making him aware that stuff like this can be offensive, Same thing happened at a New Years party where I work; when the retiring CIO ended his speech with the remarks "Have a happy new Year and A Chrisht Filled X-Mass" the last part pissed off 2 Jews and 1 Hindu, they left...

You don't realize that non-Christians don't want to hear how they were saved by Jesus Nothing wrong with expressing your belief, but do it in the right place and at the right time like Church or with people that want be relegious.

In R/C the common bond should be about flying and musics should be selected that is Universally accepted.

$0.02
Old 01-29-2005, 08:23 AM
ben flyn

ORIGINAL: Alkaline

I bet if I had posted a video with KMFDM singing about stantist
a lot of people would have the problem.

I'm not trying to dog the person just making him aware that stuff like this can be offensive, Same thing happened at a New Years party where I work; when the retiring CIO ended his speech with the remarks "Have a happy new Year and A Chrisht Filled X-Mass" the last part pissed off 2 Jews and 1 Hindu, they left...

You don't realize that non-Christians don't want to hear how they were saved by Jesus Nothing wrong with expressing your belief, but do it in the right place and at the right time like Church or with people that want be relegious.

In R/C the common bond should be about flying and musics should be selected that is Universally accepted.

$0.02
EXACTLY and I don't want to hear about your beliefs through your comments! Just ignore it and move on. I would do the same thing with satanic music. Thats how we all get along AND.......we separate thic from R/C.
Old 01-29-2005, 08:59 AM
heliplane

Wow I wasn't trying to start anything here. I even posted a version without music for those that would rather have it that way. I download videos that have music I might not typically listen to and I just turn it down and enjoy some good flying. I just think that adding music kindof adds a cool touch. I believe that we still live in a free country where we are all free to express our beliefs just like you are free to post a video with whatever music you prefer. I might choose not to listen to it but recognize your right to free speech. I would watch the video turn it down and then move on. I am once again sorry if I offended anyone so that's why I posted a version without the music. I do know one thing for sure though I am ready for spring....Brrr it's cold!!!
Old 01-29-2005, 09:18 AM
DTB
My Feedback: (15)

I can't view the video. The site is down......
Old 01-29-2005, 10:46 AM
Foamaholic

heliplane -- I wouldn't apologize. You've gone way out of your way to accomodate a tiny minority of people who are so offended by anything religious that they just have to lash out. Any music will offend someone. Maybe all music with videos should be banned so no one will be offended. Maybe no one should be allowed to talk at all for fear of offending someone. Why go crazy about what someone believes in? To be fair maybe anyone expressing any belief or opinion about anything not related to RC should be banned from the forums. Or maybe free speech is okay for everyone but Christians. I don't care what people believe in or if they believe in nothing. It's their right. I just try to like everyone and get along with everyone as a person, not because they believe this or that.
Old 01-29-2005, 10:55 AM
bdavison

Heliplane,

Im with you....

That music was entirely acceptable and appropriate. Ive heard ALOT worse music on videos in this forum. Apparently some R/C folks are watching the videos with their ears instead of their eyes.

They dont complain when a video is posted with a swear word every 5 seconds, but complain when someone posts a video with a little religious background music.

I think just to spite them, I might put paint my shockflyer with a nativity scene all over it......and then post pics and video with a choir singing "Amazing Grace" in the background.

You are perfectly entitled to your religious beliefs, and in my opinion feel free to post more.

The forum rules specifically state "The use of inappropriate, offensive language or language substitutions are not permitted on RCUniverse.com. Inappropriate or offensive language includes, but is not limited to, any language or content that is sexually oriented, sexually suggestive or abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, or that contains racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind. We ask that you please be considerate to other members in the forums when posting your messages. "

I see no violation here.
Old 01-29-2005, 11:15 AM
exeter_acres

I think we better pass a law protecting us from Music we don't like!!!

We sure don't want to have to be accountable for ourselves now do we.... we need someone to protect us from ourselves

[/sarcasm]

ARRRRRRRGHHHH

Just turn it down or off you you don't like it....

Site seems to be down....bummer
Old 01-29-2005, 12:15 PM
ghee-grose

We are free to say what we want....we have been given that freedom by our country...the United States of America!

hmmmm..."In God we Trust"...."One Nation Under God"...."God Bless America"....etc.... You can't deny that our nation was founded on these principles. Others don't conform to our ways, we shouldn't conform to theirs. It's an easy solution, just turn in down or don't watch what offends you. I do it every evening with the crap they show on network citcoms! You don't see me ranting and raving to the networks about it...I just don't watch it. Simple.

Now why don't we just get back to flying and discussing flying. Leave your petty differences out of it.

ghee
Old 01-29-2005, 03:46 PM
heliplane

Webbsite is down for the next 24 hours. Sorry they are updating to a new server. If it's up sooner I'll try to post an update.
Old 01-29-2005, 05:28 PM
heliplane

Here's a patch that should work until the webbsite gets up and going. The first one is with music and the second one is without.

http://host37.ipowerweb.com/~rcfunfl...%201-25-05.wmv

http://host37.ipowerweb.com/~rcfunfl...%201-24-05.wmv
Old 01-29-2005, 05:40 PM
DTB
My Feedback: (15)

Thanks a lot, the video was great and the music was even better. I see absolutely nothing wrong with the music choice. IMHO, it was one of the better selections used with RC videos that I have seen and heard.

Keep up the good work and anyone that complains about this music selection should really question why it offends them so. We need more videos like this IMO. The no good person mentioned in the good book is always at work. Believe it.

Thank again,
DTB

If this needs to be deleted, then that is fine. But that doesn't change the facts.
Old 01-29-2005, 07:18 PM
Apples

hELIPLANE,

Thank you for sharing your time and piloting skills with us...To be honest, I didn't listen to the words on the first, nor on my second and third view. I was focused on the maneuvers in your performance...But, somewhere in the recesses of my brain, though, something said that the music complemented what I was seeing and what I saw was seeing was something "precious", something "uplifting".

I am a 60 yr. old, 3D Wannabee...I have more time behind, than in front. That time may not be enough to perform with as much skill as you.. Time is precious. Let me use part of it watching videos such as yours.

Roy

p.s.: Can I hear the motor in the video without the music?...That would be a nice "throttle management" lesson for me.
Old 01-30-2005, 10:27 AM
RCPlanz

cool video!...and i like the music! - looks like the original links are working again...

http://www.rcfunflyers.com/Shockflyer%201-25-05.wmv

and without music...(yes, you can hear the motor in the one without music)...

http://www.rcfunflyers.com/Shockflye...%201-24-05.wmv
Old 01-30-2005, 10:51 AM
DH-02

Heliplane the music you put on was fine the only thing the singer was saying is life is precious what is wrong with that if you don't like the music TURN IT OFF it makes life easier.
There said my bit now.