Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

mini funtana motor

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 12:32 PM
KawaKattacK2000
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mini funtana motor

Which brushless motor is recommended for the mini funtana...I am thinking of getting one, and does anyone one know what size servos it requires. just trying to figure out how much of the hardware I already have.
Old 02-23-2005, 05:26 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: mini funtana motor

The recommended gear is listed with the plane at www.horizonhobby.com. You can also download the instruction manual, which also has the recommended equipment listed.
Old 02-23-2005, 11:32 PM
ten pillows

Check out the AXI line. Incredible motors!

ten pillows
Old 02-25-2005, 08:50 AM
fcawth

Many people (including myself) use the HS55 servos with the longer arms from servocity (not on their website, just call and ask). If you don't want to do 3D, the stock hitec arms are OK. I use a Phoenix 25 with the park 400 brushless TP2100 3S battery and included gearbox and prop. I get 43-44 oz of thrust and the plane weighs 24-25 oz or so.
Just be careful setting the gear mesh and turn off the brake function on the speed control or you will break the spur gear.

FC
Old 02-25-2005, 12:02 PM
murcielago

Mine was hovering with authority with the e-flight 4200, but the shaft broke in the middle of a torque roll. Don't get that motor, especially since there is no warranty. Also, the stock gearbox is junk. I just ordered a Himax 2025-4200 with the aluminum gearbox and I'm pretty sure this will be the way to go. I'm also using a Tanic 2200 and GWS Naro HP/BB servos....and a 12X6 prop.